- Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Esco, a world leading life science tools manufacturer active in laboratory / scientific equipment, pharmaceutical equipment and medical devices is seeking a Business Development Manager.
Esco products are sold in more than 100 countries globally and this position will have frequent overseas travel and exposure / learning opportunities, including the ability to work directly with the senior management of the company and play an active role in the future strategic development of the Group.
For more information on Esco, please visit www.escoglobal.com .
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Esco has grown considerably in recent years, and will continue to grow due to ongoing re-investment in new products and sales. The ongoing strategy is to improve existing products, develop new products, and expand the sales and service network globally.
This new role will be responsible for managing the development of the Esco business in a particular segment, with the goal being to drive profitable revenue growth. Under guidance of the VP, you will lead and be responsible for generating revenue and business development within in the designated territory.
You will be responsible for planning and executing business and marketing plans, strategic conferences, workshops, partner meetings and supporting scientific studies and symposiums.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan target market activities and develop key account strategy.
- Lead the planning and execution of sales plans.
- Manage sales pipeline in territories.
- Reviewing existing distribution channels.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive technologies and products.
- Ensure competitor comparisons and key messages.
- Ongoing management and motivation of these existing channels, including training and joint customer visits to key accounts.
- Identify uncovered areas of the market, and target via direct sales and/or appointment of new strategic distribution channels.
- Identify, plan and execute activities to enhance Esco brand name awareness in the segment in line with corporate guidelines but adapted to industry / local market situation as needed, including conducting end user seminars at key customer accounts.
- Strengths in conceptualizing and executing sales strategies, tactics, and techniques based on customer reception and analysis of market environment.
- Survey the market and estimate/determine Esco market share in all major product categories, competitor market share and strategies. Develop and implement strategy per product category to enable Esco to gain market share.
- Service development.
- Identify local contract service providers in the territory.
- Set up a service program to ensure these providers are trained and have access to Esco technical personnel and spare parts, in order to improve customer satisfaction.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in lab equipment, biotech products or medical device / diagnostics.
- Experience and documented results from previous sales and business development positions.
- Demonstrated experience of managing partners.
- Experience with executing of business plans.
- Strong sales skills and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative required.
- Good communication skills, written and spoken in English.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent negotiation and sales closing skills.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV and application letter to email@example.com.