- West Coast Manager (Life Science Lab Equipment) – USA – California
West Coast Manager (Life Science Lab Equipment) – USA – California
Product Management Team
Technical Support Team
Marketing Communications Team
Esco has grown considerably in recent years, and will continue to grow due to ongoing re-investment in new products and sales. The ongoing strategy is to improve existing products, develop new products, and expand the sales and service network globally.
Esco is already established in the USA with an office in Philadelphia. Following its global growth trend, Esco is now looking for a West Coast Manager to be settled in California in order to push the brand and the products that are currently not actively sold, and enhance the after sales service on that side of the USA with the goal being to drive profitable revenue growth.
Key Performance Areas
- Reviewing existing sales channels with respect to all products.
- Ongoing management and motivation of these existing channels, including training, joint customer visits to key accounts, and monitoring/management of sales pipeline (pipeline is to be updated into CRM system).
- Identify uncovered areas of the market, and target via direct sales and/or appointment of new strategic distribution/sales channels.
- Esco Medical (IVF) and Esco Pharma to be addressed via direct sales.
- Identify, plan and execute activities to enhance Esco brand name awareness in the West Coast in line with corporate guidelines.
- Including conducting end user seminars at key customer accounts (hence in depth product knowledge is required for this position).
- Survey the market and estimate/determine Esco market share in all major product categories, competitor market share and strategies. Develop and implement strategy per product category to enable Esco to gain market share.
- Competitor comparisons and key messages.
- Work with corporate marcom to adapt the local online marketing
- Identify local contract service providers in the territory
- Set up a service program to ensure these providers are trained and have access to Esco technical personnel and spare parts, in order to improve customer satisfaction.
In collaboration with the team in PA and the support of the HQ, the West Coast Manager based in California will have to manage all the matters related to Esco’s activities in the West Coast.
Other duties as assigned.
- Sales growth 20% per annum
- Price increase over baseline year excluding general inflation increases
- Marketing activities
- Travel frequency and activities on the ground – end users meetings and training, joint sales visits, seminars etc.
- Reporting – you will be required to submit weekly reports and also maintain project pipeline and forecast in Excel and CRM system
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in life science tools industry, specifically laboratory equipment.
- Experience and documented results from previous sales, marketing, business development or management positions.
- Demonstrated experience of managing partners and employees.
- Experience with executing of business plans.
- High level of initiative required.
- Good communication skills, written and spoken in English.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent negotiation and sales closing skills.
Applicants are invited to send their CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.